Cost: $3.00/lb U-Pick only (no pre-picks)
Form of payment-Cash, Check, Credit Cards (For years we have only taken cash and checks – we now accept all major credit cards including AMEX)
Pest and Weed Control
We Use Garlic Oil to fight pests (Approved for Organic farming) and Fire to fight weeds.
Pets are NOT allowed. Remember, this is a fresh food establishment, no one wants to see a lifted leg.
Smoking: NOT ALLOWED
Premier (June; Sweeet and Big)
Alapaha (June; Sweet, Medium, hint of spearmint)
Climax (June; Sweet, Big)
Brightwell (June/July; Sweet, Crunchy Medium to Big)
Powder Blue (Late June to July; Sweet, Medium)
What do we supply?
Plenty of Sweet Blueberries
1 gallon buckets for picking
Plastic liner bag for you to take your berries home
Great atmosphere for family adventure
What you should bring
Shoes you can get dirty (rubber boots are great)
Sunscreen & hat
Water — We will supply water @ $1/bottle
A great attitude
A child to share the experience with, (but leave your pet at home)
Please be sure to check on weather conditions and possible changes in schedule via the website twitter feed on the home page.
(PETS ARE NOT ALLOWED)
Helpful Blueberry Tips
On Your Way Home
Keep your bags open. Why? Your berries are as hot as you are.
If you close the bag, condensation will cover the berries keeping them wet which is NOT good!
When You Get Home
- Lay your berries out on cookie sheets or crawfish trays on the kitchen counter to get them off one another and allow them to cool down. If trays are not available, lay the bag open and flat (that the berries came home in from the farm.)
- Cool down period at room temperature = 8 to 24 hours.
- The berries will continue to ripen and sweeten. Be sure to taste test!
- Divide whatever you have not eaten among smaller bags and refrigerate what you want to eat fresh over the next 7 days and freeze the rest.
- Be sure NOT to wash the berries before moving them to the refrigerator or freezer.
- Wash the berries when you are ready to eat them (if at all).
- If you eat them all in the 1st day after picking them, forget steps 1 – 5.
- Visit website for updates and recipes.