- 3 large egg whites
- 2 large eggs
- 1 C. flour (may use pastry whole wheat)
- 1 C. milk
- 2 T. sugar
- 2 t. vanilla
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 T. butter
- 2 1/2 C. raspberries or sliced strawberries
- 1 C. blueberries
- 1/4 t. ground cinnamon
- Blend top set of ingredients in blender or processor until smooth.
- Place 1 T. butter in 10 or 12 inch nonstick ovenproof frying pan (I use my cast-iron skillet), preferably with sloping sides, and place in 425 degree oven until melted, about 4 minutes. Tip pan to coat evenly with butter. Pour batter into pan and bake until puffed and browned, about 25 minutes.
- In a bowl combine last set of ingredients.
- Spoon berries over pancake just before serving and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve with butter and maple syrup.
*I use all strawberries or all blueberries when in season or any combination of berries whenever I have them. Pancake will puff up and then sink down when removed from the oven. My kids like watching that, and then eating it!