Serves: 8 to 10 slices
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (approx. 2)
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts3/4 cup white flour
- In a bowl, cream the butter or margarine with the sugars. Beat in the eggs, then the bananas.
- In another bowl, stir together the flours, oats baking powder, and salt. Beat into the banana mixture and then stir in the blueberries and walnuts.
- Turn the batter into a grased and floured 9” x5” loaf pan. Bake the bread in a 350 degree oven for 1 houf, or until it tests done with a toothpick. Let pan cool on a rack before removing bread.