- 3/4 C. sugar (original recipe has 1 1/4 C. sugar if you like it sweeter)
- 2/3 C. butter, melted
- 1/4 C. buttermilk or plain yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 t. vanilla
- 4 medium (2 C.) mashed ripe bananas
- 2 C. flour (I use half white/half pastry whole wheat)
- 3/4 t. baking soda
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1 C. blueberries
- Heat oven to 350.
- Grease 9×13 pan.
- Combine sugar, butter, buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla in large mixing bowl. Beat until creamy, 1-2 minutes, scraping bowl as needed.
- Add bananas and continue beating until mixed.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt and beat at low speed until moistened.
- By hand, stir in blueberries.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool. Cut into squares and you may sprinkle with powdered sugar just before serving.