A delicious way to make blueberries even healthier.
- 1 c. All Bran cereal
- 1 c. buttermilk
- 1/3 c. canola oil
- 1 egg
- 2/3 c. light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 c. quick cooking oatmeal (not instant)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. chopped walnuts
- 3/4 c. blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 2 tbsp. all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 375. Grease muffin cups or line with paper liners.
- In large mixing bowl, mix together bran & buttermilk & let stand for 10 minutes.
- In small bowl, beat together egg, oil, sugar & vanilla & add to bran/buttermilk mixture.
- Mix together the 1c. of flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, oatmeal & salt. Stir flour mixture into buttermilk mixture, just until blended. In small bowl, add berries & 2 tbsp. flour, stirring gently, lightly coating berries with flour. Fold berries & walnuts into flour mixture.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins, filling 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes & remove from tins.