- 1 1/2 C. blueberries
- 2 1/2 C. flour (may use pastry whole wheat)
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/2 C. packed brown sugar
- 1/2 C. white sugar
- 2/3 C. cooking oil (I use coconut oil)
- 1 egg
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 c. sour milk (buttermilk, plain yogurt, etc.)
- 1/2 C. chopped pecans
- 1/4 C. sugar
- 1 T. butter, melted
- Preheat 350 degree oven.
- Grease two 8x4x2 loaf pans.
- In small mixing bowl, combine flour, soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine sugars, oil, egg, and vanilla. Beat on medium for 1-2 minutes or until combined.
- Alternately add flour mixture and sour milk, beating on low after each addition until just combined.
- Gently stir in blueberries and pecans.
- Pour into prepared pans.
- Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle mixture over top.
- Bake about 45 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on wire rack for 10 minutes and then remove from pans and completely cool.
*We usually bake without the topping, as it is delicious on its own and we’ll eat one entire loaf warm from the oven with the topping on it…I have cut some sugar back. If you like it sweeter, the original recipe calls for 1 C. white sugar along with the ½