- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 egg*
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup white sugar (brown’s ok)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease one 9 x 9 inch pan.
- Cream together 3/4 cups sugar, shortening, and egg.*
- In a separate bowl, mix together 2 cups flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir into sugar mixture, alternating with milk. Stir in sour cream and then blueberries. Pour into greased 9×9 inch pan.
- To make topping: combine 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, cinnamon, and butter. Sprinkle over cake batter.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 40-45 minutes. Test doneness with toothpick.
*The egg can be substituted with 1 1/2 tablespoons water, 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil, and 1 teaspoon baking powder if you’re watching your cholesterol intake.