Serves: 10 to 12 wedges
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup butter (1-1/2 sticks)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- Sift 3 cups of flour with baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside. Combine brown sugar with 1 tablespoon flour, the cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In mixer bowl with mixer at medium speed, combine the butter with granulated sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. At low speed, beat in flour mixture alternately with sour cream, starting and ending with flour.
- Turn one-third of batter into a greased and floured or Pam-sprayed 10-inch tube cake pan, spreading evenly. Sprinkle with half the blueberries and half the brown sugar mixture. Repeat layering of one-third of batter, and half the blueberries and brown sugar. Add final layer of batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes or until knife inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool for 20 minutes.
- Combine confectioners’ sugar with milk until smooth. Drizzle over cake.
If desired, serve with whipped cream on the side.