- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 cup blueberry or other syrup, warmed
- In a medium bowl mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a small bowl combine milk, egg, and oil. Stir the milk mixture into the flour mixture just until well mixed. The batter will be slightly lumpy. Fold the blueberries into the batter.
- Lightly oil a griddle or large skillet; heat over medium-high heat until a drop of water will dance across the surface.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup batter onto the griddle for each pancake. Cook until several bubbles burst on the top and the bottom is light brown. Turn and cook the other side about 2 minutes until browned. The light touch of a finger on the cake will leave no imprint. Add more milk to the batter if the first cake does not spread well. Serve with warm syrup.