- Pastry for a double crust 9-inch pie
- 2 pint boxes fresh blueberries (4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon granulated or Turbinado sugar
- Roll out half of pastry into a 10-inch circle to fit a 9-inch pie pan. Place washed and drained berries in a large bowl; sprinkle with lemon juice. In a small bowl stir together the sugar, flour, and nutmeg. Add to berries. Toss gently to combine.
- Turn into prepared pastry-lined pie plate. Dot with butter. Roll out top crust into a 10-inch circle and place over filling. Make a 2-inch slash in top to allow steam to escape. Crimp edges together.
- Brush with milk and sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 400 degrees for 435 minutes. Allow to cool for about a hour before serving. Serve warm or chilled.