- 3 cups ice (more or less)
- 4 oz good quality tequila (I use Patron)
- 2 oz orange liquor (I use Grand Marnier or Gran Gala)
- 3 oz bottled sweetened lime juice (Rose’s)
- 8 oz blueberry sauce*
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- Dip glass rims in orange juice and then in coarse-grained salt or blue or purple decorator sugar crystals, if desired.
- Process the ice and remaining ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Serve in prepared glasses.
Blueberry Sauce Instructions
- Cook blueberries, water and sugar in a 1 to 1 1/2 quart heavy saucepan at a full boil, stirring, 1 minute.
- Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth. (Use caution when blending hot liquids.)
- Force through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl, pressing hard on solids, and then discarding them.
- Set bowl in a larger bowl of ice and cold water and let stand, stirring occasionally, until cold, about 5 minutes. (Or if making sauce in advance, refrigerate until cold.)