Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
This recipe is brought to you by award winning chef Kris Wessel of Oolite Restaurant in Miami. Kris is a personal friend of Blue Harvest Farm and whipped this recipe up on the fly while visiting. ENJOY!
- 4 cups fresh or frozen Blue Harvest Farms Blueberries
- 3/4 cup pure cane or turbinado sugar
- 6 tablespoons whole butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup White Rice flour
- 1/2 cp. Corn starch
- 1tsp kosher salt
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup fine yellow or white cornmeal
- 2tsp. baking powder
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- Combine blueberries, sugar and butter in skillet.
- Cook for 10-12min on Med-high heat stirring occasionally.
- Add vanilla and turn off heat and fill 1 9X11 inch casserole dish or 8 -6oz ceramic soufflé dishes.
- Combine all dry ingredients in mixing bowl.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender or stiff whisk until butter is in small pebbles.
- Add lemon zest and cream, combine into dough form and place in parchment paper.
- Place in refrigerator or freezer for a minimum of 10min and can freeze up to 2 weeks.
- When fully chilled break into pieces, press and place on top of cobbler filling. You can also spread on to a table dusted with rice flour and roll out like a pie dough.
- Leave a few holes or breaks in the crust for the blueberries to bubble through.
- Bake @ 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Let cool and serve with vanilla ice cream.