Instead of serving the pancakes with syrup I used the Blue Harvest Farms Honey & they were super delicious. The honey really enhances the flavors!
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup natural granola
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 1/4 cup low fat buttermilk
- 1 cup blueberries, thaw if frozen
- In large mixing bowl sift flour & add next 3 ingredients. Stir to combine.
- In small bowl whisk together well egg yolks, canola oil & buttermilk.
- In small mixing bowl beat egg whites until stiff.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture & stir lightly just until ingredients are moistened. Fold in blueberries then fold in egg whites.
- Cook on medium-hot griddle until bottoms are browned. Flip & continue cooking until other side is browned.
- Serve immediately.
I use the granola that is store packaged at The Fresh Market & prefer Au Natural flavor. If you use another brand of granola & it is in clusters you might want to crumble it before adding to the flour mixture so it will mix & cook better.